Tuesday 18 March 2014

Mr and Mrs Oliver

Today my best friend Alice gets married!

A couple of days ago we celebrated her hen do and today, finally, the day is here.

I feel an absolute mix of emotions so I can only guess how she must be feeling.
The day itself was absolutely perfect. From the moment the old fashioned bus picked us up and we drove over the hill revealing the castle, a wave of emotion hit me and I knew it would be wonderful.

I don't have very many pictures of the ceremony as we were unable to take photos during their vows, which were so personal with a touch of laughter in both, showing you just how perfect these two are for each other. I can honestly say that I cried before Alice even appeared at the top of the stairs and I barely stopped crying all day after that.
Here are a few photos from the day.






An old fashioned bus arrived to pick us up and take us to The castle!

As I said, I couldn't take many photos during the ceremony but here is one of the happy couple, after the vows. 


It wasn't long before we were whisked outside to enjoy the sunshine. 



Gareth had on the most amazing bespoke suit and even Alice had a little surprise for us too. 





Purple wedding shoes to match Gareth's suit!!

Now back to the celebrations....










The most perfect Bride.


Alice and her friends from home.










What wedding would be complete without the throwing of confetti.






Before we proceeded to dinner, Alice wanted to show me her home made cake toppers. 
She had such a vision for how she wanted them to look.......


I'm not sure if this was what she was after....especially when Gareth's head fell off but they looked great anyway.


On the morning of their wedding, Gareth told me he hadn't prepared a speech!
Instead, he did something none of us could have ever imagined. 
The result? Not a dry eye in the house.






You can watch the video here.





Alice and I on her big day.


This is one of my favorite photos of the day.

And long after the sun had set, the speeches sung and the first dance danced, we were treated to the most amazing firework display.


































Today my best friend married the man of her dreams and I can honestly say if we are all as happy as this, we can count ourselves very lucky people.

No comments:

Post a Comment