Wednesday 10 June 2015

Dalston Street Food Market

North of the river in Dalston, you will find 'Street Feast' a bustling market filled to the brim with street venders selling all kinds of incredible food.
In an old abandoned warehouse you will find around 40 stalls, selling a huge variety of different cuisines from all over the world.


Juicy Burgers from the famous Blecker street to flavour packed Korean burritos from Kimchinay, there really is something here for everyone.
There's almost too many things to try that you can't possibly experience everything in one night but maybe that's a good thing, as I know I will definitely be heading back here again.



After taking a few recommendations from friends, we begun our night at 'Sticky Bun's, opting for the Shrimp and Pork sticky buns and boy were they good.
The buns were light and fluffy while the meat was succulent and tasty.

Next we decided to be a little bit naughty and made our way over to Smoke Shack for ribs!
It was possibly the longest queue in the whole place so we joined it eager to see what all the fuss was about.



I don't think I've ever tired ribs that were as tasty as these ones. Still slightly pink in the middle and covered in delicious barbeque sauce, it had just the right amount of kick to it. It wasn't long before these were devoured and we were ready to try something new.


A few beers later we spotted Bleeker St Burger. I have been going on for months about how much I wanted to try these burgers, so for me, there was no question about whether I could manage one or not.
We ordered a cheese burgers but later spotted 'The double beeker' - 2 burgers with black pudding sandwiched in the middle. Not really my kind of thing but Ian thought this sounded incredible. 


The burgers were good, extremely succulent and juicy. The meat was a lot thinner than I had expected which was good for me as I was beginning to feel rather full.
I would highly recommend trying one of their burgers but next time I think I'll head over to Mother Clucker and give them a go.


Feeling full and happy we stood by open fires to keep warm and people watch.
Most of the market is set in an old run down warehouse with little nooks and crannies, and small alley ways leading into hidden bars.
Girls with cocktails in pineapples and coconuts wander past whist others sip on gin cocktails from the bars over looking the crowd below.
Fairy lights and open wood fires are dotted around the place, helping cosy couples keep warm.
There is a real mix of people here which adds to buzz and incredible atmosphere that the market has.




This place would be perfect for a date night or even a catch up with friends after work.
So if you're looking for something a bit different and a huge choice of food, head on over. The website is here.
Arrive before 7pm and it's free other wise you will have to £3 upon entry.

For those who like to eat on their feet, this night market is most definitely the new hot spot in town.

3 comments:

  1. Those burgers look so good! I love going to little markets like those! x http://www.coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dalston Yard Street Feast. Get yourself over to Dinerama when it reopens it's much of the same but such a good atmosphere with all the different bars, the gin bar being my fave. Plus there are donuts....

    www.theycalleditthediamondblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Felicity. I do love a gin and donuts :)
      Kirsty x

      Delete